At Strasburger, diversity matters—not just with respect to race, but also with respect to background, life experiences, politics, religion, hobbies, preferences, and community involvement.
To further the firm’s commitment to diversity, Strasburger created its Diversity & Community Relations Committee composed of attorneys and firm leaders. The committee’s goals include:
- Developing diversity training programs and activities for all personnel;
- Integrating diversity objectives with recruiting strategies and continuing to pursue minority recruits;
- Ensuring that minority attorneys are involved and visible through meaningful work, networking and business development activities with clients;
- Communicating the firm’s commitment to a culture of diversity to current clients and prospective clients who are also pursuing a diverse workforce;
- Increasing participation — both as a firm and as individual attorneys — in organizations with a focus on minority, women, or community development; and
- Implementing a formal vendor/supplier diversity program.