Diana Bearden practices extensively in the areas of commercial real estate and commercial finance. Her practice includes representation of sellers and buyers in Texas and in multi-state transactions in the acquisition and disposition of office buildings, apartment complexes, retail centers, industrial and warehouse facilities and raw land; representation of borrowers in connection with real estate and other asset-secured lending transactions, including acquisition loans, interim construction loans, securitized loans, permanent financing and restructures and workouts of troubled loans; representation of owners in the development of properties; representation of both landlords and tenants in the leasing of office, retail, industrial and warehouse properties; representation of contractors and owners in construction transactions; and representation of brokers, owners, managers, contractors, and other parties in negotiating and documenting listing agreements, property management agreements, home owners associations, restrictive covenants, and commercial contracts related to all other aspects of real estate.
- Admitted, Texas
- Dallas Bar Association Real Property Section, Chair, 1993; Vice-Chair, 1992; Secretary, 1991; Treasurer, 1990
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- State Bar of Texas (Sections on Corporation, Banking & Business Law and Real Estate Law)
- Real Estate Council, Fight Night Committee, 1998
- Real Estate Financial Executives Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Legal Forum Committee, Co-Chair 1994 and 1995; Education Committee, Chair 1996; Board of Directors, 1998-2000, CREW Advancement Committee, Chair 2012, Multiple Committees
- Attorneys Serving the Community, Multiple Committee Chair Positions
University of Oklahoma, J.D., 1980
Order of the Coif
Research Editor, Oklahoma Law Review
University of Oklahoma, B.A. in Language Arts, 1977
Phi Beta Kappa
- Represented a non-profit corporation in connection with the sale of an office building in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented an oil company franchisee in connection with the sale of a service station facility in Plano, Texas to another franchisee.
- Represented a retail owner in connection with the sale of raw land in Texas with a build-to-suit lease for construction of a retail store and leaseback by the retail owner from a developer.
- Represented a large distributor in connection with the acquisitions of other companies, involving multiple manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Represented an owner of certain property in connection with the sale of raw land for construction of an apartment complex in Dallas with a residential developer.
- Represented a borrower in connection with the permanent refinancing of a loan secured by multiple apartment complexes in Texas and other states.
- Represented a seller in connection with the sale of various manufacturing facilities in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Waco, and Dallas, Texas.
- Represented a billboard owner and operator in connection with leasing, sales and purchases of billboards in Dallas County, Texas.
- Represented various dairy owners and operators in connection with the purchase of improved industrial property, including multiple tenant leases, in various multi-state, multi-site transactions.
- Represented a liquor store retailer in buying, selling, leasing and financing various retail sites.
- Represented a real estate company in various real estate secured permanent financing transactions.
- Represented a large holding company in connection with purchasing multiple plant facilities in multiple states, and with long-term financing in connection with same.
- Represented an owner of multiple assisted living facilities in two states in connection with a sale/leaseback transaction.
- Represented a national retail operation in connection with the acquisition of approximately 100 leasehold sites and five fee properties in multiple states.
- Represented an industrial manufacturing company in connection with the acquisitions of multiple plant facilities in several states and the financing for such acquisitions.
Property Management Agreements, Strasburger Real Estate Legal Forum (1998).
Compensation Issues in Listing/Brokerage Agreements and Property Management Agreements, Strasburger Real Estate Legal Forum (1997).
Emerging Theories of Liability in the Managed Health Care Industry, Baylor Law Review (1995).
Emerging Theories of Liability in the Managed Health Care Industry, Sixth Annual Health Law Conference (1994).
- Named D Magazine Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers, 2011-2013
- Named D Magazine Best Woman Lawyers by Best Lawyers, 2010-2012
- Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, 2011-2013
- Named among The Best Lawyers in America®, (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2013