John Pinckney since 1977 has represented corporations and individuals in business and commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts in San Antonio and South Texas. He also has extensive experience in representing corporations and individuals being investigated by federal and state authorities in various areas of business crimes. His background and experience as a former federal prosecutor often enables him to convince the authorities that the matter does not merit prosecution. If, however, an indictment is returned, the client will have the most capable and experienced representation.
John is Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has tried more than 150 jury cases to verdict.
- Admitted, Texas and District of Columbia; U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western Districts and District of Columbia
- Admitted, U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, and the District of Columbia Circuit
- State Bar of Texas 10-A Grievance Committee, former member and Chairman
- John served as an assistant U.S. attorney from 1973-1977 and as first assistant U.S. attorney from 1975 to 1977 for the Western District of Texas.
American University, J.D., 1971
University of Texas, B.A., 1963
John served as an infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1963 to 1967. From 1967 through 1972, he served in various positions in the federal government in Washington, D.C., including the Office of Management and Budget, Executive Office of the President.
- Named among Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers, 2008-2013
- Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, 2012
- Named among San Antonio's Best Lawyers by S.A. Scene magazine, 2012