Stanley Blend's practice covers federal income and estate tax planning, state sales tax and margin tax planning, federal income and estate tax controversy and mergers and acquisitions negotiations.
In the controversy arena, Stanley has tried and won several tax cases on behalf of taxpayers in the United States Tax Court. He has published numerous articles, principally on tax-related subjects, and has spoken on tax-related subjects on numerous occasions for various groups, including but not limited to, the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and various tax institutes.
- Admitted, Texas
- Admitted, U.S. Tax Court
- Admitted, U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Board Certified in Tax Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- American Bar Association; Chair, Section of Taxation, 2007-2008, Chair-Elect, 2006-2007, Vice Chair; 2002-2004; Council Director, 1999-2002; Partnership Tax Committee, Member, Past Chair
- State Bar of Texas; Chair, Section of Taxation, 1987-1988; Treasurer, 1985-1986; Secretary, 1984-1985; Former Council Member
- The University of Texas School of Law, Member, Planning Committee, Annual Taxation Conference, 1980-Present
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, Member, 1989-1995
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Honorary Member, 1996- Present
- San Antonio Chapter of Certified Public Accountants, Honorary Member, 1995- Present
- American College of Tax Counsel, Member
Georgetown University Law Center, L.L.M. in taxation, 1971
University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1967, cum laude
Tulane University, B.A., 1964
Co-author, Recent Developments In Federal Estate Tax, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants - Advanced Estate Planning Conference (2011).
- Selected by San Antonio Business Journal as an Outstanding Lawyer Award Winner in the area of Tax (2010)
- Named for over twenty-five years as one of The Best Lawyers in America® 2013, as published by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Awarded by the State Bar of Texas Section of Taxation the 2009 Outstanding Texas Tax Lawyer award
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2003-2012)
- Named among Top 50 Central/West Texas Super Lawyers List by Thomson Reutors (2003-2004)
- Listed by Scene in SA magazine as one of San Antonio's Best Tax Law and Estate Planning Attorneys (2004-2011)