Titus Weinheimer’s practice includes handling all aspects of corporate and securities matters. Titus represents and advises corporations and financial institutions in M&A transactions, public and private equity and debt offerings, venture capital and project finance transactions. He also counsels financial institutions and fund managers in the structuring and formation of investment funds including hedge, risk arbitration, small and large cap, distressed debt and private equity funds as well as on fundraising, securities law and other legal issues.
- Admitted, New York
- Admitted, Frankfurt am Main Germany
- Northwestern University School of Law, LL.M., 1996.
- Ludwig Maximilians University School of Law (Munich, Germany), J.D., 1991
- Ruperto Carola University School of Law (Heidelberg, Germany), B.A., 1988
- Advised corporate clients and financial institutions on private and public business combinations, divestitures and joint ventures as well as on legal issues in connection with the integration of acquired businesses.
- Advised corporate clients and financial institutions on public and private equity and debt offerings, PIPE transactions, Reverse Merger transactions, asset-backed securities transactions, structured finance transactions as well as angel, bridge and mezzanine transactions and prepared and coordinated filings under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including registration statements, prospectuses, quarterly and annual filings, proxy statements and Schedules 13D.
- Advised financial institutions and fund managers in the structuring and formation of US, foreign and off-shore funds including hedge, risk arbitration, small and large cap, distressed debt and private equity funds as well as on fundraising, marketing, asset management, securities law, soft-dollar, hot-issue and other legal issues.
- Advised clients on compliance and regulatory issues including 1940 Investment Advisers Act and 1940 Investment Company Act questions and AIMR-PPS and GIPS standards and coordinated outside advisors including non-US legal counsels in connection with non-US regulatory issues of such clients.
- Advised corporate clients and financial institutions in domestic and international project finance, acquisitions financing, bridge finance and other debt financing transactions.
- Advised corporate clients on general corporate matters as well as providing general counsel’s advice to the extent such clients do not have an in-house US legal department and in connection with such advise coordinated work with the expert law firm attorneys.