OVERVIEW Garney Griggs represents clients in the areas of corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and internal investigations primarily concerning the energy and maritime industries.
- Admitted, Texas; U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Admitted, U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
The University of Texas School of Law, LL.B.,1968
The University of Texas, B.A., 1966
- Restructured $500 million refinancing of an international oil field service company.
- $550 million purchase of marine transportation company for cash and stock and restructuring of financing thereof.
- Public offering of $200 million of common stock of a U.S. oil field service company.
- Purchase of $130 million of oil and gas properties in the Gulf Coast area and the structuring of company and the debt and private equity financing thereof.
- Conducted internal investigation for a publicly held Dutch company operating in the United States.
- Sale for cash and stock of an international offshore drilling company for $500 million and the subsequent registration and sale of the stock.
- Offering of $130, $150 and $200 million series senior notes for U.S. oil field service companies.
- Refinanced international company’s senior debt in connection with the restructuring of U.S. and foreign subsidiaries of the company.
- Handled series purchase of stock and assets of multiple oil field service companies by a NYSE company and sale of $90 million of assets acquired.
- Structuring, financing and implementation of a joint venture for undertaking secondary recovery efforts in South American oil and gas areas.
- $850 million merger of a NYSE oil field service company and purchase by a NYSE oil field service company.
- Purchase by a NYSE company of $460 million of assets from a UK company.
- Sale of oil and gas properties in North Louisiana for $425 million.
- Formation of a joint venture for the exploitation of oil and gas in the US by three foreign private companies.
- Formed joint venture for the purchase and sale of petroleum and petrochemical products in the U.S. mid-continent.
- Purchase of stock and assets of ten oil field service companies by a NYSE company.
- Exchange offer for $160 million senior notes.
- Public Offering of $190 million of common stock for a marine transportation company.
- Acquisition of a land drilling company and the private equity financing thereof.
- Offering of convertible exchangeable preferred stock for an oil field service company.
- Sale of oil and gas properties in Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana for $140 million.
- Sale of US based land drilling company to international purchasers in Canada and Colombia.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a United States company relating to FCPA.
- Named among Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers, 2007-2013
- Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, 2005-2012