Cliff Husted is a litigator who represents clients in a variety of matters, including business and commercial litigation, franchise litigation, and products liability. He also represents business clients in employment matters ranging from the defense of discrimination claims to the prosecution and defense of non competition agreements.
Cliff served as the Briefing Attorney to Justice Davie L. Wilson for the Court of Appeals for the First District of Texas from 1997-1998.
- Admitted, Texas; U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1996
Managing Editor, South Texas Law Review (1995-1996)
University of Texas, B.A., 1992
- Defense jury verdict in product liability and negligence action in Harris County District Court (2004).
- Appellate counsel in Williams v Houston Firemen's Relief and Retirement Fund, 121 S.W.2d 415, 440 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2003, no pet.).
- Secured favorable settlement for international finance company in breach of contract, fraud, and tortious interference claim concerning management of multi million dollar portfolio of leases.
- Secured favorable settlement for international franchisors in defense of fraud and antitrust claims from respective franchisees.
- Civil Rights jury trial in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas (1998).
- Successful representation of day care facility against former employee for breach of non-compete agreement and theft of corporate assets resulting in former employee's incarceration.
Co-author, Franchise Update, SMU Law Review (Summer 2001).
Enforcement of Franchise Agreement Forum Selection Clauses in Texas, Dallas Bar Association Franchise & Distribution Section (Oct. 2000).
Co-editor, The Citadel Revisited: Strict Tort Liability and the Policy of Law by William A. Worthingtom, 36 S. Texas Law Review 227 (1995).
- Named Texas Super Lawyers' Rising Star by Thomson Reuters, 2008