909 Fannin Street, Suite 2300
Houston, TX 77010
Commercial Litigation, Products Litigation
Betsy Kamin’s practice focuses on both tort and business commercial litigation as well as arbitration. Betsy regularly tries and arbitrates cases for clients involving complex issues in tribunals across Texas and beyond.
Betsy currently serves as Partner-In-Charge of the firm’s Houston office.
- Admitted, Texas; U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1985
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1982
- Defense verdict in trial of complex commercial case in Aransas County, Texas.
- Directed verdict for defendant in products liability case in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- Unanimous jury verdict in serious injury claim in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Lufkin Division.
- Successful defense of Fortune 500 manufacturing conglomerate in products liability claim in Federal court in Dallas, Texas.
- Successful defense of international cotton seed company in fraud and DTPA action in West Texas.
- Over twenty arbitrations tried to various tribunals including American Arbitration Association and State agencies, involving commercial and construction disputes.
- Defense of international valve company in fraud and DTPA action by former distributor seeking over $50 million in damages. Upon appeal of adverse jury verdict, First Court of Appeals reversed and rendered.
- Unanimous jury verdict in defense of 200-plaintiff action claiming occupational exposure to chlorinated solvents.
- Selected by The National Law Journal as one of the most significant defense verdicts of 1992.
- Successful defense in trial involving claims of 200 plus plaintiffs alleging residential exposure to chemicals.
- Effective Trial Techniques, Texas Minority Counsel Forum, San Antonio, Texas.
- Cross-Examination Strategies, Houston Bar Association, Houston, Texas.
- Program Co-chair and Moderator. ABA Women in Products Liability Litigation Regional Meetings, New York, New York and Los Angeles, California and Washington, D.C.
- Effective Direct and Cross Examination of Expert Witnesses, University of Houston Law Center Advanced Litigation and Trial Tactics Seminar, Dallas and Houston, Texas.
- Dealing with Bad Facts “In Deposition, Trial and Other Circumstances”, University of Houston Law Foundation Litigation and Trial Tactics Seminar, Dallas and Houston, Texas.
- Profile: Betsy Kamin, Strasburger & Price, Houston Business Journal, April 2013
- President of the Board, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Houston Affiliate, (Board Member 2006-present)
- Girl Scouts San Jacinto Council; Member, Board of Directors, (1999-2008; 2010-present), First Vice Chair (2004-2008); Co-Chair Capital Campaign (present)
- American Leadership Forum, Class XXIV, Fellow
- Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, 2006-2011
Legal Administrative Assistant