901 Main Street, Suite 4400
Dallas, Texas 75202
Corporate & Securities, Energy Oil & Gas
Carol Glendenning counsels and advises clients, primarily private and public companies and their boards of directors and owners on a wide spectrum of corporate and securities law matters. These matters include mergers and acquisitions, business contracts, entity formation, securities offerings, venture capital, corporate governance issues, federal and state securities law reporting requirements, officers’ and directors’ fiduciary duties, corporate compliance and internal investigations, poison pills, and other anti-takeover defenses. In connection with business combinations and joint ventures, she also advises clients on antitrust matters relating to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
She represents both public and private companies at all stages of development. Her experience extends to a variety of industries, including energy and energy services, construction materials, manufacturing, healthcare, transportation/logistics, technology, and financial services.
She also advises clients that act in fiduciary roles including pension funds, non-profit organizations and financial institutions in their capacities as agents and trustees.
She served as Strasburger’s Chair of the Policy Committee, the governing body of Strasburger & Price, LLP, from 2005-2013.
- Admitted, Texas
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Business and International Law Sections
- Corporation Law Committee of the Texas Business Law Section, Co-Chair (2004-2005)
- Dallas Bar Association, Corporate Counsel and Securities Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, Chair (2002)
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1979
- St. Olaf College, B.A., 1976, summa cum laude
Mergers and Acquisitions/Private Equity Transactions
- Counseled the U.S. operations of a German holding company in making more than 20 middle-market acquisitions of building material companies and in restructuring its U.S. corporate holdings.
- Advised the private ultimate parent of a master limited partnership in more than 15 acquisition or disposition transactions, including venture capital transactions and the sale of a 50% economic interest in the general partner of the MLP to a private equity fund.
- Represented a NYSE-listed offshore marine services company in a $550 million acquisition and related financing transactions.
Securities Law Matters
- Represented a NYSE listed company in a $150 million tender offer for its outstanding public debt, a $160 million private placement of debt and its subsequent exchange for public debt.
- Advised a NASDAQ Global Market company in going public through a reverse merger with a special purpose acquisition company and multiple registration statements, including an exchange transaction.
- Regular advisor on compliance issues relating to SOX and Dodd-Frank regulatory matters.
- Acts as outside securities counsel for a number of companies to satisfy public company SEC and securities exchange reporting requirements.
Matters involving Fiduciaries
- Represented a pension fund in a proposed transaction involving a complicated alternative investment involving securities, investment advisor and state and federal banking laws.
- Counseled numerous financial institutions as trustee for public and private debt financings and securitizations, including secured financings.
- Advised nonprofit organizations in negotiating investment advisor contracts.
- Represented a trustee of a pension plan in buying out of bankruptcy oil and gas interests on behalf of a Fortune 500 pension plan, setting up a company to operate the assets and ultimately selling the business.
- Dallas Regional Chamber, Director (2009-present)
- The Dallas Opera, Director (1988-1997; 2008-present)
- United Way Foundation of Metropolitan Dallas, Director (2012-present)
- The Dallas Friday Group, Director (2010-present)
- St. Paul Medical Foundation, Director (2010-present)
- Turtle Creek Association, Director (2013-present)
- The YWCA of Metropolitan Dallas, Director (2006-2012)
- Chiapas International, Director (2006-2010); Advisory Board (2011-present)
- Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters and published in Texas Monthly, 2003-2013
- Named among Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers and published in D Magazine, 2005-2011
- Named among The Best Lawyers in America®, (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2012-2014
- Named to The BTI Client Service All-Star Team for Law Firms, 2007 and 2011, and All-Star MVP, 2008
- A recipient of the Women in Business Awards by the Dallas Business Journal, 2010
- One of two recipients of the Flame of Honor Award by the Southwest Jewish Congress, 2011
- Recipient of the Founder’s Award from the Women’s Board of The Dallas Opera, 2014
Legal Administrative Assistant