Strasburger's attorneys represent all types of financial institutions in lending and other financial transactions, as well as corporate trust, regulatory, and litigation matters. Most of the firm's clients do business primarily in Texas, although many are actively engaged throughout the country and world. Our clients include commercial banks, commercial finance units and conduit lenders, securities firms, investment funds, and corporate trust departments, as well as branches and agencies of foreign banks.
We have extensive experience in assisting lenders in collateralizing their loans with virtually every type of collateral possible, including real estate, inventory, accounts receivable, securities, intellectual property and motor vehicles. We represent domestic and foreign banks, thrift institutions, investment funds, and corporate and other business borrowers in both secured and unsecured commercial credit facilities, including traditional commercial loans, asset based, cash-flow and commercial paper backup financing.
Real Estate Finance
Strasburger represents banks and borrowers in construction loans, acquisition loans, permanent loans, and mortgage warehouse facilities. We handle traditional real estate financings to developers, financings for companies which occupy the projects for office space or manufacturing operations, and energy transactions with a significant real estate component such as those involving pipelines, refineries, and petrochemical plants.
Syndicated Credit Facilities
We represent many of the world's largest financial institutions in structuring, documenting, negotiating and closing secured and unsecured syndicated loan transactions to borrowers across a broad spectrum of industries. This experience positions our attorneys to represent corporate and business borrowers in syndicated loan transactions and handle a variety of complex issues within the syndicated loan market.
Bankruptcy, Workouts & Restructures
Whether our client is a debtor trying to navigate a financial crisis or a creditor seeking to enforce its rights, Strasburger’s business reorganization and bankruptcy practice has the experienced professionals and essential resources to identify and resolve all phases of an insolvency-related issue.
Mezzanine & Junior Debt Financing
Strasburger understands the needs of lenders and participants in private equity, mezzanine debt, and junior debt financings. We represent clients in seed-stage and startup financings, growth and expansion capital investments, leveraged acquisitions, and management buyouts in virtually every stage of the investment cycle. In addition, we participate in complex financial transactions involving junior notes, senior notes, senior subordinated notes, convertible debt, bridge financings, and private offerings of high-yield securities.
The firm’s practice unit leaders are available to answer any questions about Strasburger’s capabilities. To learn more about this practice area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Representative matters handled by Strasburger’s financial services attorneys include the following:
- Represented national bank in litigation involving claims of fraud and breach of complex loan agreement secured by hundreds of oil and gas leases and negotiated settlement.
- Obtained settlement of lender liability claim in which plaintiff sought to cancel $17 million debt and to recover $22 million for destruction of business.
- Representation of Agent in a US $2,600,000,000 equivalent global credit facility to a publicly traded REIT involving U.S., Canada, Euro, Japan, Korea, and China tranches.
- Representation of Agent in a $1,500,000,000 revolving credit and letter of credit facilities to a publicly traded national homebuilder.
- Representation of Agent in a $1,210,000,000 revolving credit facility to a publicly traded national homebuilder.
- Representation of Lender in workout of $170,000,000 in real estate loans resulting in the conveyance to special purpose entity of 21 properties in Texas.
- Representation of Lender in $69,000,000 construction loan for Park Towers, two 22-story luxury condominium towers in the Hughes Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Representation of Agent in $750,000,000 acquisition loan secured by six petrochemical plants connected by 600 miles of petroleum product pipelines.
- Representation of a major European bank in the restructuring of approximately $90 million of indebtedness owed by a Mexican public company to a syndication of lenders.
- Representation of Agent in a $400,000,000 multi-year revolving credit facility and $100,000,000 364-day multi-currency revolving credit facility to a publicly traded real estate investment trust.
- Representation of a Hong Kong company in a $10 million loan secured by Mexican real property, including interest in agrarian property.
- Representation of Agent in $750,000,000 financing secured by six petrochemical plants and 600 miles of interconnecting pipelines.
- Representation of Agent in $60,000,000 secured revolving credit and term loan facilities to an oilfield services company to provide financing for a corporate acquisition.
- Representing a major European bank in the restructuring of approximately $90 million of indebtedness owed by a Mexican public company to a syndication of lenders.
- Represented a U.S. corporate trustee in a securitization of receivables aggregating more than $200 million held by a Mexican shipping company.
- Represented international investors in the restructuring of a $250 million toll road securitization project.