Strasburger attorneys have been long-time advisors to clients, from middle market to multinationals, who deal with complex business, financial, trade, and regulatory matters in global markets.
The firm has significant experience representing international financial institutions, including banks and commercial finance units, bondholders, indenture trustees, equipment lessors and special purpose lenders, as well as corporate borrowers. Lending transactions include unsecured and secured term and revolving loan facilities to a wide range of borrowers. Security has included equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, shares of capital stock, real estate and other types of assets secured under international security mechanisms. Our experience extends to debt restructurings, workouts and bankruptcies, in which we have enjoyed a high rate of success in recoveries.
Strasburger serves clients in Latin America, Europe, Canada, the Caribbean, Asia, and the Middle East -- with a special focus on meeting the needs of North American companies operating in Latin America and Latin American companies operating in North America. Our geographic reach is significantly extended because of our affiliation with the prestigious law firm network ALFA International, with member firms in over 50 countries. Our New York office creates a client service platform for our international clients whose transactions mandate our presence there. Our Washington DC office provides us proximity to policymakers and regulators which allows us to advocate on behalf of clients’ business interests more effectively and efficiently.
Our clients involved with any mode of transportation require “a robust supply chain” to support day-to-day production, sales, and distribution of goods and services across borders. Strasburger has extensive experience with the intricate laws and regulations associated with import and export regulation, maritime matter, border security and cross-border transportation, including the special regulatory regimes applying to international transportation of hazardous materials, export of dual-use goods (having both military and civilian applications), export of military articles, and trade in goods for which NAFTA duty reductions are claimed.
The Strasburger Global Wealth Practice Team advises high net-worth individuals and family offices on an array of legal issues relating to tax planning, investments, business operations, immigration, asset protection planning and charitable giving matters. The Strasburger Team also works closely with and supports the representatives of the private client groups of financial institutions regarding their bank clients' legal needs. Strasburger's Global Wealth Practice clients operate in a myriad of business sectors including real estate, media and communications, energy, technology, manufacturing, private equity and other forms of investment management, banking, foods, transportation and commodities.
The firm’s practice unit leaders are available to answer any questions about Strasburger’s capabilities. To learn more about this practice area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strasburger’s international attorneys have experience in the following industries and matters:
- High technology
- Food distribution
- Direct marketing
- Financial services
- Energy and related services
- General Manufacturing
- Transportation (ground, air and maritime)
- Defense contracting
- Foreign operations expansion
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- International capital markets through the issuance of equity and debt
- Secure cross-border financing
- Manage Creditor/Debtor difficulties
- Corporate Trust
- Corporate and Sovereign Debt Restructuring
- Corporate Debt Workouts and Bankruptcies
- Real Estate Financing
- Acquisition Finances
- International Banking
- Mortgage Banking
- Project Finance
- Securities Offerings
- Export Finance
- General contract negotiation and documentation
- Securing governmental permits and approvals
- Labor-related contracts including collective bargaining agreements, interior work rules, individual employment agreements, secondment and ex-patriate agreements
- Commercial lease review and documentation for warehouse, office space and other users
- Foreign litigation – identifying, selecting, coordinating and over-seeing counsel across multiple jurisdictions
- Tax planning and compliance
- Employment and immigration
- Intellectual Property
- Insurance/Risk Management